||Original Manuscript by Andrew Adam, set in tablature for the lyra viol
||The original is owned by William Blaikie, an engraver in Paisley, who copies most or all of the Scottish melodies in notation.
||William Dauney in his Ancient Scottish Melodies lists
Down Tweedside as one of the tunes in the original manuscript in Blaikie's possession.
||The original has passed to the flautist Mr. James Davie of Aberdeen. There is no record as to whether or not Davie made a copy of it.
|1866 or earlier
||Forty tunes are copied in tablature by Andrew John Wighton from Davie's copy. Wighton’s copy will later be called the
Blaikie Manuscript. Tweedside is not among the tunes he copied.
||Wighton’s collection of music (including his copy of the manuscript under discussion) is bequeathed to the Town Council of Dundee, but
did not become the property of the council until 1884
||Unknown where Wighton’s tablature copy is during this time.
|1877 or later
||John Muir Wood copies
Doun Tweedside into one of his private commonplace books in notation, with this annotation:
from a M.S. Signed A. Blaikie, Paisley_believed to have been translated from the Tablature of 1692.
||Wighton’s collection became part of the Dundee Library collection.