Bibliography for Historic Woods
Welcome to the Bibliography for the Historical Woods pages of WireStrungHarp.com. Here is listed the resources cited in the historic woods pages of this website. You will notice links back to the specific woods pages referencing individual sources. You may track back to the individual pages that way, or you may access the Historic Woods Index via this link. Of course, you may also simply enjoy perusing the interesting resources listed on this page.
- National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland
- Letter from A. J. Hayes of the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, University of Edinburgh, 18 February 1969. return to: [Hornbeam]
- Forbes, A. C.
- Tree Planting in Ireland during Four Centuries, Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy, Section C: Archaeology, Celtic Studies, History, Linguistics, Literature. Vol. 41, (1932-1934), pp 168-199 return to: [Hornbeam]
- Irons, Neville
- Irish Bog Oak Carving, Irish Arts Review. Vol 4. No 2, (Summer, 1987) return to: [Oak]
- Kelly, Fergus
- The Old Irish TreeList. Celtica. Vol 11, (1976).
- Trees in early Ireland, Irish Forestry. Vol 56, number 4, (1999). return to: [Alder]
- Kew, Royal Gardens, Bulletin of Miscellaneous Information, Vol. 1897, No. 124, (April 1897), pp 167-168
- return to: [Spindlewood]
- Lucas, A. T, Bog Wood: A Study in Rural Economy, Bealoideas. Iml. 23, (1954). return to: [Oak]
- McCracken, Eileen
- The Woodlands of Ulster in the Early Seventeenth Century, Ulster Journal of Archaeology. Third Series, Vol. 10, (1947), pp 15-25
- The Woodlands of Ireland Circa 1600, Irish Historical Studies. Vol. 11 No 44, (September 1959), pp 271-296
- Miller Christy
- The Hornbeam (Carpinus Betulus L.) In Britain, Journal of Ecology. Vol 12 No. 1, (Jan 1924), pp 39-94
- return to: [Hornbeam]
- OSullivan, Aileen and Kelly, Daniel L.
- A Recent History of Sessile Oak (Quercus Petraea (Mattuschka) Liebl.) Dominated Woodland in Killarney, S.W. Ireland, Based on Tree-Ring Analysis. Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Vol. 106B, No. 3, (November 2006). return to: [Oak]
Rackham, Oliver, Woodlands. (2006). return to: [Oak]
- Rimmer, Joan
- James Talbots Manuscript, (Christ Church Library Music MS 1187): VI. Harps The Galpin Society Journal. Vol 16, May. 1963). return to: [Oak] [Walnut]
- The Irish Harp, (1969). The Foreword acknowledges Miss Maura Scannell of the Natural History Division of the National Museum of Ireland and Dr. Hayes, of Edinburgh University Forestry Department for the wood identifications. return to: [Spindlewood] [Sycamore]
Submitted by Michael Billinge and Keith Sanger, 5 May, 2011.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available by contacting us at email@example.com.